Blaze are a security-focused Managed Services Provider and ISP, delivering network communications and IT services to businesses across the UK.
In order to deliver exceptional service and value to our customers, we focus on three over-arching priorities: Security, Managed Services, and delivering Agile solutions which can keep pace with the fast-changing world we are in.
The culture at Blaze is one of close collaboration among team members and a strong focus on ensuring our customers receive fast, efficient and knowledgeable support.
We take pride and responsibility in delivering successful outcomes for our customers.
We adopt and continually strive to improve on our internal framework that allows continuous education and technical change.
Our engineers and technical team constantly improve their skills through formal training programs and certifications, both in product areas and broader professional skills.
IT Support Technician (April 2021)
Blaze Networks are opening a new role within the IT Support team. The Role is to provide 1st and 2nd Line IT Technical Services to external clients remotely and onsite consisting of technical support, systems installation, monitoring, and maintenance. You will be assisting customers with incidents and service requests, ensuring all requests are logged through the in-house system, along with troubleshooting and resolving broadband connectivity issues across different carriers.
The successful candidate will be working with state-of-the-art networking equipment and software provided by leading manufacturers like Cisco, FortiGate and Microsoft. Candidates should have a thirst for IT technology and want to achieve career enablement’s working towards software troubleshooting, network engineering and consultancy.
You will be working within an ITIL framework, to deliver a fantastic service to customers, meet internal and external SLAs set out by our contracts, follow escalation paths, working with a selection of third parties and supporting other areas of the business.
Opportunities are given for clear career progression, the successful candidate will have access to courses allowing a multitude of certifications to be achieved from vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco and Fortinet. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for IT knowledge, experience working in a help desk environment and excellent customers services skills.
Main Duties of the Role
- Politely and professionally answering inbound calls to the helpdesk.
- Logging tickets to the clearly defined internal standard.
- Categorising issues by severity.
- Working through your own ticket queue, and organising work based on SLA.
- Following internal processes and procedures to deliver the service we promise.
- Contribute towards inhouse documentation.
- Proactively troubleshoot broadband and leased line issues utilising our monitoring system.
- Ensuring that customer satisfaction is always upheld.
- Following escalation paths.
- Looking after and maintaining backup sets.
- Field engineering support, customer site visits.
Key Skills Required
- Fantastic operational and troubleshooting knowledge Microsoft windows 10 is essential.
- Managing network enabled printers.
- Understanding of email systems and how they work.
- Understanding of the Apple MacOS operating system.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of how broadband works.
- Basic understanding of active directory and group policy.
- Basic understanding of firewalls.
- Basic understanding of IPV4 networks and routing.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Be able to stay calm when faced with difficult phone calls.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as alone on tickets and projects.
- Have fantastic communication skills, written and verbal.
- Be able to complete routine and non-routine tasks.
- Be able to plan and organize both familiar and new tasks.
- Have a logical, pro-active, and analytical approach to their work.
- Pay good attention to detail.
- Have a full UK driving license and access to own vehicle.
Hours of Work
Between 08:00 and 18:00, Monday to Friday. 37.5 hours per week.
Out of Hours Support rota, currently operating 1 in every 6 Weeks. Occasional out of hours and weekend project implementation work.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Compensation & Benefits
Salary: up to £24,000.00 /year (DOE)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- All overtime paid at time and a half.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Direct applications only. We are not accepting introductions from recruitment agencies. Please apply for this role through firstname.lastname@example.org, and not via our contact / customer enquiry form.
We Manage the Technology
So You Can Focus on
In doing so, Blaze have access to a vast array of products that allow us to overcome our customers’ business challenges and requirements.
Blaze is a Microsoft Gold Partner and Tier 1 Microsoft CSP Partner. We specialise in Microsoft 365 (including Teams and Teams Phone System), in Microsoft On-Premise and Hosted / Cloud Infrastructure, and enable businesses to continue their digital evolution by fully exploiting the latest capabilities of Microsoft products as they evolve.
Blaze is a Managed Secure Solutions Provider (MSSP) Advanced Partner of Fortinet, a global industry leader in the supply of secure networking infrastructure systems. Fortinet are our technology partner of choice when building customer-specific Private SD-WANs. A Leader in several of Gartner’s Magic Quadrants, Fortinet equipment combines excellent performance with advanced security features, superb manageability, and excellent Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) per Mbps.
Veeam is a highly respected leader in cloud-based backup and recovery software, data protection and advanced monitoring in the data centre. We have combined Veeam technology with our highly secure Blaze Cloud™ infrastructure to produce BlazeVault™, a highly dependable, secure, and resource-efficient solution which will keep downtime to an absolute minimum in the event of data loss in operational systems or ransomware attack.
Bitdefender is a global cybersecurity leader protecting over 500 million systems through OEM technology partnerships, including with many global IT companies. Tests show it is unmatched in Attack Prevention. Based on Bitdefender technology, Blaze Endpoint Protection hardens endpoints to prevent malware and malicious attacks, and it provides the investigation and remediation capabilities needed to dynamically respond to security incidents when they evade protection controls.
Cisco has long been the world’s pre-eminent network systems vendor, particularly for technology used at the core of major corporate networks and the internet. In addition to using Cisco equipment within our customers’ private networks, Blaze incorporates Cisco technology into the heart of our own network operations; the Blaze Private Core Network is built utilising Enterprise-class CISCO core routing equipment.